It’s been almost a month since I’ve posted a Tuesday Tip. This week we’ll look at the difference between waiver and waver. I’ve seen these words misused and confused more than once.
Waiver (noun) :
- The act of not insisting on, some right, claim, or privilege.
- A legal document releasing some requirement.
- Something that releases a person from a requirement.
- To fluctuate or vary
- To shake or tremble
- To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
- To be indecisive between choices; to feel or show doubt or indecision; to vacillate.